2.56.030 Minimum qualifications for Treasurer and Tax Collector.
The minimum qualifications for Treasurer and Tax Collector as set forth in Cal. Gov’t Code § 27000.7 as existing or hereafter amended, are adopted as follows:
A. No person shall be eligible for elections or appointment to the office of County Treasurer or County Treasurer-Tax Collector of any county unless that person meets at least one of the following criteria:
1. The person has served in a senior financial management position in a county, city or other public agency dealing with similar financial responsibilities for a continuous period of not less than three years, including, but not limited to, Treasurer-Tax Collector, Auditor, Auditor-Controller, or the chief deputy or an assistant in those offices.
2. The person possesses a valid baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in any of the following major fields of study: business administration, public administration, economics, finance, accounting, or a related field, with a minimum of 16 college semester units, or their equivalent, in accounting, auditing or finance.
3. The person possesses a valid certificate issued by the California State Board of Accountancy pursuant to California Business and Professions Code, Division 3, Chapter 1 (commencing with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 5000), showing that person to be, and a permit authorizing that person to practice as, a certified public accountant.
4. The person possesses a valid charter issued by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts showing the person to be designated a Chartered Financial Analyst, with a minimum of 16 college semester units, or their equivalent, in accounting, auditing, or finance.
5. The person possesses a valid certificate issued by the Treasury Management Association showing the person to be designated a Certified Cash Manager, with a minimum of 16 college semester units, or their equivalent, in accounting, auditing, or finance.
B. This section shall only apply to any person duly elected or appointed as a County Treasurer, County Tax Collector, or County Treasurer-Tax Collector on or after January 1, 1998. (Ord. 839, eff. 5/16/96)